Wraparound is a team planning process that helps children and their families realize their hopes and dreams. With help from a Wraparound Coordinator, the family and child work together with a team of their choosing, which is made up of professionals and informal supports. The team works together to identify the family’s needs and strengths and develops a plan that will help them reach their goals. This plan is intended to:
- Meet the needs of the youth and family
- Coordinate the many services the family participates in
- Help the family maintain the youth in the home and in the community
Enrolled youth receive home-based mental health services, in which mental health clinicians provide treatment, behavior managment consultation, and participate on Wraparound teams to ensure that mental health services are coordinated with other services and supports.
Wraparound may also include:
- Coordination of multi-system services and supports
- Crisis and safety planning
- Community Living Supports
- Access to nontraditional supports and services
- Access to flex funds
*CFP Wraparound Service has an authorization period of up to 12 months.
Youth who meet the following criteria MAY be eligilble for CFP:
- Resident of Kent County
- Mental health diagnosis or suspected mental health concern
- Serious impairment in functioning at home, school and/or in the community (as measured by the CAFAS tool)
- Involvement in mental health AND at least one additional system: court, probation, CPS, foster care, special education or other educational supports
WRAPAROUND AND PARENT SUPPORT PARTNERS ARE NOW TWO SEPARATE REFERRAL FORMS
How Do I Make a Referral?
A mental health diagnosis must accompany the referral form. Examples of those who can provide a diagnosis or assessment are:
- a therapist or counselor (home based, individual, family, school, etc.)
- KSSN Clinician
- DHHS Liaison
- Family Court Liaison
- You may also contact network180’s Access Center at 616-336-3909 for an assessment.
Once all information has been gathered, click here to make a Wraparound referral
*Referral forms may be downloaded as a PDF and typed into electronically or printed and filled out by hand.
Please note: CFP services are voluntary for families and they may choose to terminate services at any time. Eligible families may be enrolled in both Wraparound and PSP, or only one of these depending on family preference.
For questions about the referral process, please contact DeWanna Lancaster, Services Coordinator at 616.204.4321 or firstname.lastname@example.org